Starting on January 22, I will grade every entry (25 total) on the following basis, but will drop your 5 lowest scores. Each entry is worth 10 points.
Strong (9.5 points)
- Answers entire question thoughtfully and covers all assigned readings
- Engages with central points from the reading(s) and supports argument (or “muddiest point”) with appropriate examples and quotes
- Exceptional entries will be given the full 10 points.
Acceptable (8.25 points)
- Answers most of question well and covers most of readings well (may be stronger on one reading than other)
- Engages with some major points of readings; provides some support for argument/muddiest point but could be more thorough
Weak (7 points)
- Answers only part of question
- Minimal or no engagement with readings or offer examples/quotes to support “muddiest point” or argument
- Suggests only a passing glance at readings
If you must miss class for an excused absence, please do your best to post your reading response on time. If that is not possible, please contact me to make alternate arrangements. Reading responses are not required for the following days: January 14, January 17 (optional trial run), February 5, March 5, and March 28.