Why Join the AITP:
The Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP) offers opportunities for Information Technology (IT) leadership and education through partnerships with industry, government, and academic institutions. AITP provides quality IT related education, information on relevant IT issues and forums for networking with experienced peers and IT professionals. The AITP Student Program is designed to give students the opportunity to gain the experience and knowledge they need to succeed in a career in the IT field. AITP has over 120 chapters and 11,000 professional and student members worldwide.
- Education: Chapter meeting include speakers and discussion covering all areas of the Information Technology profession.
- Resume Link: It is a computerized database service, brings student members looking for career opportunities. This service is free to all AITP members.
- Professional IT Certification: Institute for Certification of Computing Professionals (ICCP) provides two certification programs available to students:
- Associate Computing Professional (ACP)
- Certified Computing Professional (CCP)
- Participation: AITP Student Chapter provides students with opportunities to participate in the Information Technology community to explore various career opportunities and internships in their various meetings.
- Networking Opportunities: Nowhere else can students network with professionals employed at all levels and in every possible specialty area of Information Technology.
- Competitive Advantage: Recruiters are looking at hundreds of resumes. Make sure yours contains an extra experience that will make it stand out of the crowd.
- Scholarship Opportunities: Now you can even earn scholarships for yourself by participating in our organization and being the recognized one.
- Free Tutoring: In difficult times, you could surely use some of the free tutoring offered by our fellow officers.
Student Chapter activities include:
- National Collegiate Conference
- Region III Student Conference
- Programming Competitions
- Visual Basic (VB)
- Web Design
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Network Design
- Best Student Chapter Website
- …much more
- Company Presentations
- Bake Sales
- Social Mixers
AITP @ UTA:
We have networked with over 30 companies in the past. These include ACS, American Airlines, Borland, Burlington Northern Santa Fe, EDS, FedEx, Fidelity Investments, IBM, Microsoft, JC Penney, Perot Systems, RobertHalf Technology, Sabre, Sears, Sprint, State Farm Insurance, Southwest Airlines, TXU, Wal-Mart, and many more!!!