Fine Arts Restroom
Facilities Management will be renovating the restrooms on the 1st floor of the Fine Arts Building – Music Department. Restrooms will be completely renovated and will included ADA corrections. We will close both restrooms on Monday May 17th.
Pecan Street Upcoming
Scope of work for the next three weeks:
· The contractor is scheduled to run the new fire line for College Park from Second Street to First Street.
· Starting sometime next week the contractor will close the western end of Lot 40 for crossing and to prepare for boring across Pecan to the Bookstore parking lot. Students will need to enter Lot 40 from Center Street (signage is in place).
· The contractor will be returning to the Third Street intersection to bore across Pecan. The contractor will complete a 4’ wide duct bank for Oncor and AT&T from Pecan Street to Oak Street. Third Street from Pecan Street to Oak Street will be closed during this time period.
· Once the boring is completed and the “buy back” period for books is completed at the Bookstore, the contractor will bore across the parking lot to UTA Boulevard.
· As the duct bank project comes to a close, we will need to return to Lipscomb Hall and bore across Pecan to the Fourth Street communication vault to connect to the campus system for the SEC and College Park.
Our short-term priority is to get off the SEC site to allow Hunt to move onto the site after May 17th.
Pecan Street Overhead Project -Update
The contractor is scheduled to be across the Arlington Hall parking lot with the two duct banks by the end of the day on Friday, May 7th. They have temporarily patched both street cuts at Second Street and Third Street to prevent any storm water or safety issues. They are scheduled to work on cleaning up the Lipscomb site and the two blocks between Fourth and First Streets. The pathway is clear for students moving out of Arlington Hall over the weekend and the first part of next week.
Facilities Management will be renovating the third floor of the library from May 17th-July 2nd. We will be installing a fire sprinkler system throughout the floor. Renovations will include replacing ceiling tiles, installing new light fixtures, painting walls and installing new flooring.
The space will become a quiet floor for students to study and use the periodicals. The offices and the library classroom will remain.
During construction there will be a fenced exterior staging area on the southeast corner of the building. There will be a waste dumpster placed on the west side of Planetarium Place. Temporary cones will be placed in front of the motorcycle parking spaces during the weeks of May 17th, and June 28th. Vehicles will still be able to access Planetarium Place during all phases of construction.