UT Arlington Winter Break 2013 (December 23-January 1, 2014)
Campus wide – BREAKROOMS AND COMMON AREAS
Please complete the following tasks during the week of December 16-20.
- Please wipe down and clean out break rooms or common areas of any food items or candy as not to attract insects.
- Empty your refrigerator before the Winter break
Items left in the freezer or refrigerator can turn into a disaster if forgotten about. In addition, various buildings will have the power shut off during the winter break for maintenance so please remove all items in your refrigerator and turn off ice maker (if applicable).
- Remove all perishable items from refrigerator and freezer. Perishable is defined as stuff that is needed to be kept cold or cool at all times and used within a certain time, for example dairy products, fruits, meats, etc. Check all expiration dates and dispose if expired.
- Wipe down drawers, shelves, sides and floor of the fridge. Dry thoroughly.
- Use baking soda or bowl of dried oats, or shallow bowl of dry, fresh coffee grounds and crumbled newspaper to keep mildew, mold and the smell out.
- When you return, remove newspapers and oats/coffee grounds. Do a minor wipe-down or scrub on drawers and sides.
We appreciate your cooperation,
Office of Facilities Management