The Preston Hall elevator will undergo upgrades and be unavailable Thursday-Friday, Aug. 14-15.
Archive for category Uncategorized
The Thermal Energy Plant’s annual inspection and repair of the campus steam service is set for next week. A steam service outage is planned from midnight Monday, May 12, to 10 p.m. Wednesday, May 14.
During this outage all buildings served by the Thermal Energy Plant will be without hot water and steam. Electrical power, air conditioning, domestic water/sewer, and chilled water will remain in service.
For questions or concerns, contact Nick Schroeder at firstname.lastname@example.org or 2-9075.
Library first-floor construction planned for May 10-12
The Central Library’s first floor will be closed Saturday-Monday, May 10-12, for construction and reopen Tuesday, May 13. A covered corridor from the entrance doors to the elevator will allow visitors to pass through the construction zone safely and get to other floors.
The first floor will close for the summer for various improvements, including fire sprinklers, and new flooring and ceiling tiles in the lobby and circulation/reference areas. New turnstiles and glass walls to funnel visitors to the turnstiles will be installed. The old Help Desk space will become a makerspace.
UT Arlington Winter Break 2013 (December 23-January 1, 2014)
Campus wide – BREAKROOMS AND COMMON AREAS
Please complete the following tasks during the week of December 16-20.
- Please wipe down and clean out break rooms or common areas of any food items or candy as not to attract insects.
- Empty your refrigerator before the Winter break
Items left in the freezer or refrigerator can turn into a disaster if forgotten about. In addition, various buildings will have the power shut off during the winter break for maintenance so please remove all items in your refrigerator and turn off ice maker (if applicable).
- Remove all perishable items from refrigerator and freezer. Perishable is defined as stuff that is needed to be kept cold or cool at all times and used within a certain time, for example dairy products, fruits, meats, etc. Check all expiration dates and dispose if expired.
- Wipe down drawers, shelves, sides and floor of the fridge. Dry thoroughly.
- Use baking soda or bowl of dried oats, or shallow bowl of dry, fresh coffee grounds and crumbled newspaper to keep mildew, mold and the smell out.
- When you return, remove newspapers and oats/coffee grounds. Do a minor wipe-down or scrub on drawers and sides.
We appreciate your cooperation,
Office of Facilities Management
University Monitoring Winter Storm Forecast
The National Weather Service in Fort Worth has issued a Winter Storm Warning for the North Texas region. Rain is expected Thursday afternoon, and freezing rain and sleet are forecast from 6 p.m. Thursday until 6 p.m. Friday.
The University is closely monitoring the forecast and will notify all students, faculty, and staff should local conditions deteriorate and affect the status of the University (including classes, exams, programs, events, and activities).
Please continue to monitor your email for notices that will provide the latest information. Notices also will be posted on the University’s home page, will be distributed to local media outlets, and will be posted on Facebook and Twitter. Additionally, the University’s Emergency Information Hotline at 1-866-258-4913 always has the current status of all operations.
Please note that additional communications will be forthcoming only as changing weather conditions may mandate. Otherwise, all operations will be considered to be on normal schedules.