The College Park development supports the following principles and initiatives contained in the university master plan:
- enhancing quality of student life on campus,
- address growing demand for campus housing,
- college town development and stronger sense of place,
- redevelopment of campus edge and sustainability, and
- outdoor spaces and community engagement.
The College Park District land was donated by the First Baptist Church of Arlington. It is 27,000 square feet of retail space with a resident hall and apartments and a University Welcome Center.
The parking garages photovoltaic panels produce 50,000 kw/hours of electricity.
The Shops at College Park provide retail space for several eating establishments.
Now Opened: Coolberry Yogurt, Smiling Moose Deli, Pie Five Pizza, Blaze Sports Grille
Dan Dipert Welcome center now opened.