Ever wonder what it’s like to work for the federal government? Join the Partnership for Public Service and Young Government Leaders on Thursday, May 5 from 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. EST for a Twitter chat on why millennials should consider a career in public service.
Tweet your questions about how to navigate the hiring process and land a federal job to @RPublicService with the hashtag #AskGoGov. During the chat, young federal employees will answer your questions and will talk about why they chose to #GoGov!
This chat is being held in honor of Public Service Recognition Week, which is celebrated the first week of May. This annual event is organized annually by the Public Employees Roundtable (PER) and its member organizations to honor the men and women who serve our nation as federal, state, county and local government employees.
The American Heart Association (AHA) offers a variety of internships to students who are interested in learning more about AHA. Our point of view is that our interns are our talent of the future for AHA. Therefore, we seek out students who are in their sophomore or junior year of undergraduate study and students who have completed their first year of study in their graduate program.
Join us for #TheAHALife Career Chat
The AHA is hosting ‘#TheAHALife Career Chat’ – a LIVE Chat on Periscope & Twitter on May 4thth at 6pm where our recruiters share helpful tips and techniques on how to ace a video interview at AHA.. We would like to invite your students to join our LIVE chat. We promise that every attendee will be able to learn helpful career tips on how to attend our video interview, learn out more about the various internship opportunities AHA has across the country and connect with our recruiters.
How can students participate in the LIVE Chat?
- Students can tweet their questions & comments with hashtag #TheAHALife during the live event
- Students can join us on Periscope @American_Heart and add their comments during the live event.
We regret to inform you that we will have to cancel the GEICO Careers Networking Event scheduled for Wednesday April 20th.. Due to inclement weather in Texas, we are shorthanded in the office as a lot of our associates are scattered across the state. This has led to the tough decision to cancel all events in the office for the next upcoming days.
We apologize for this inconvenience but we are sure that you understand the need to be there for our customers. We will be planning an actual Job Fair on campus in May which we hope to get information out soon. We would love to request your presence for that once we have the details.
Thanks for your understanding and interest in GEICO!
GEICO Recruiting Team
PAID Minority Educational Institution Student Partnership Program (MEISPP) Interns offered by U.S. Department of Energy
The 2016 Minority Educational Institution Student Partnership Program (MEISPP) offers talented high school, undergraduate and graduate students summer internship positions with the U.S. Department of Energy and its National Laboratories.
- 10-week undergraduate and graduate summer internship with stipend
- 8-week high school summer internship with stipend
- Roundtrip airfare to assigned work site for college and graduate students
- Housing accommodations for undergraduate and graduate students
- At least 16 years of age for high school students
- At least 18 years of age for undergraduate and graduate students
- U.S. citizenship
- Enrollment in an accredited high school, university, college, or graduate program
- Earned at least 24 undergraduate credits for undergraduate and graduate students
- Maintain an overall GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
For more information on undergraduate and graduate student internship, visit
Contact the MEISPP Management team: