For the students in N5302, N5311 & N539, it has come to our attention that some of you are having issues playing videos posted in blackboard. here are a few tips to help you with this issue:
1. Update your Quicktime Player. The current version is 7.7.2. Any version of Quicktime under version 7 will need to be updated. You can download Quicktime from Apple’s Website.
2. Be patient. Some streaming files take a while to buffer (downloading streaming video during playback). Depending on your internet speed and age of computer, it may take some time for a video to buffer.
3. If you are viewing a video on a wireless desktop or laptop, switch to a wired desktop or hardwire your laptop to your modem. A wired connection will produce better speeds than a wireless connection.
4. Close other internet applications that can cause a load on your bandwidth. Some applications can create a load as you try to view videos online.
5. Test your download speed. To to a internet speed test website (previously posted) and test your download speed. You may need to upgrade your internet speed to accommodate the videos that you are trying to view.
These are just tips to help you with your viewing assignments. if you still have issues with viewing, contact the OIT helpdesk at 817-272-2985 or email them at email@example.com.