Department of Defense, that is, announces a highly-selective, prestigious, national program that fully supports a student’s education, including full tuition, a very generous stipend, book allowance, and Summer internship, while in school, and then provides guaranteed employment with the Defense Department upon graduation.
The Science, Mathematics, and Research for Transformation (SMART) scholarship-for-service Program fully funds undergraduate and graduate degrees in a wide range of technical areas, including all fields of engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Brain and Cognitive Sciences, and Mathematics.
Additional information is available on their website – www.asee.org/SMART. The application deadline is December 1, 2011 for the 2012 school year.
• Full Tuition – to any accredited U.S. University
• A very generous stipend while in school
- $25,000 for undergraduates
- $33,000 for masters candidates
- $36,300 to $41,800 for doctoral candidates
• Book allowance – $1,000
• Health Insurance
• Paid Summer internships
• All required student fees
• Travel for internships