- New Photocopier
New Canon copiers, found in SEL, AFA, and Central, accept MavID cards and cash
- New Scanner- called KIC II (Knowledge Information Center) – Way Cool &&& FAST
- Something new in the Group Study Rooms—[Read about] SmartBoards
Borrowing from SEL’ s Main Blogger, here’s her description of the SmartBoards:
“Collaborative work in SEL’s group study rooms just got easier. Each of the three rooms now boasts a shiny new SMART Board.
- The boards are connected to an overhead projector. Using either the PC already in the room or connecting it to a laptop, your presentation, web page, etc. displays on the SMART Board. So far, no difference from the previous plasma screens.However, SMART Boards provide interactivity not available before. As a presentor standing at the board, you can use finger touch to click on links, use the pop-up keyboard to enter URLs, you can write on the screen using any of four color pens, and much more.
- Instructions for use of the Smart Board are located on the wall (left side of board).
- DO NOT use Expo Markers on Smart Board – They will damage the Smart Board.
- The group study room will be checked by staff before the room key is checked in.
- The person who checks out the room will be held responsible for any damage to items in the room.”