The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams

This is about the “trilogy,” not just the book. However, UTA is short one of the five* books in the series, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe.

The full “trilogy” includes Hitchhiker’s guide to the galaxy (PR6051.D3352 .H5 2004), The Restaurant at the End of the Universe (not available here), Life, the universe, and everything (PR 6051 .D3352 L5 1982 ), So long, and thanks for all the fish (PR 6051 .D3352 S6 1985), and Mostly harmless (PR 6051 .D3352 M7 1992). 

One word… whimsical.

Why do I love thee, HGG?
I love thy whimsy.
Three times three.

(Or should that be nine times six?)

Arthur then comments, “I’ve always said there was something fundamentally wrong with the universe.”

If this statement scares you, steer clear of this series. If it sounds rather fun to explore strange new worlds with characters named Zaphod Beeblebrox, Trillian, and Slartibartfast, strap in and take off.

*Apparently, Artemis Fowl author Eoin Colfer and Adams’ widow, Jane Belson, have written a sixth book for the series called And Another Thing…, but it’s not included here as I haven’t yet read it. Also, UTA Library doesn’t have it.

0 Response to “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams”

• No Comments