The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, by Stieg Larsson

Central Library (PT9876.22.A6933 M3613 2008)

This book kept me up at night.

Not only did Stieg Larsson’s The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo compel me to keep reading late into the night, it also kept my mind running while I attempted to drift off to sleep.

So many mysteries. What will connect the protagonist with the title character? What is her background, and how did she get to be the way she is? What happened to the girl who disappeared? If she was murdered, who did it? Is her disappearance connected to a series of brutal murders which appear to be connected?

But the mysteries, compelling as they are, are not the only attractions. Larsson writes some intriguing characters and proposes some ethical and moral dilemmas that I’m still debating with myself.

And the best news is, there are two more books in this series—The Girl Who Played with Fire (PT9876.22.A6933 F5713 2009) and Girl Who Kicked the Hornets’ Nest (PT9876.22.A6933 L8413 2009). The death of the author makes more books unlikely, though I read a rumor that an unfinished fourth book is being finished now.

I heard that the second book ends with such a breath-taking cliffhanger that readers couldn’t wait for the American version of the third book, so they ordered English translations from overseas.

I think I’ll wait to read the second until I have the third in hand.

0 Response to “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, by Stieg Larsson”

• No Comments