Today, I continued to work on the research paper. Dr. Becker was able to provide a description on what was required for the results section of the research paper. Afterwards, I started to work on the current works section of the paper. I was able to get a big portion of the current works section completed, although unfortunately, I wasn’t able to finish it. I plan to work on completing the research paper over the weekend and submitting a draft to Dr. Becker on Monday at the latest.
Today, I continued to work on the research paper. I managed to finish the draft for the background and related works section of the research paper. Tomorrow, I plan to continue working on the research paper and hopefully finish the next section of the research paper, the current works section.
Today, I continued to work on the research paper. I made progress in the background section, but I was unable to finish it. Tomorrow, I plan to continue working on the research paper and hopefully finish the background section and start the related work section.
Today, I continued to work on the research paper. I was able to finish the introduction and gather information to start on the background section. Unfortunately, I was unable to finish the background section as planned. The faculty member responsible for the database came in today. With his help, I worked on having my game be able to upload data to the data base. Tomorrow, I plan to attend the weekly meeting and then hopefully continue working on the research paper.
Today, I focused on working on my research paper. I spent time reviewing over the research papers I was able to find during my research in order to obtain the necessary information needed. After that, I started working on the introduction of my research paper draft. The introduction is still not finished. Tomorrow, I plan to finish writing the introduction and then start and hopefully finish the background section of the research paper.
Today, I looked at the source code sent to me that will be used to send data to a database. After looking it over, I proceeded to research for more information that could be used in my research paper, while waiting to discuss with one of the faculty who will help me with uploading data to a database. Unfortunately, that didn’t happen today and I was told to work on it on my own. Later, I was told to send screenshots of my game as well as a list of data that will be sent to the database in an email to the same member of the faculty for a proposal, which I did. Next time, I plan to either start writing a draft of my research paper or start working on having my game save to the database using the source code I was given.
The meeting on Friday was a misinterpretation on my part. There will not be a meeting on Friday. Today, I attended the Heracleia weekly meeting. After discussing my progress as well as setting up deadlines for the projects, I continued working on the ZPLAY project, memory game. I spent most of the day reformatting how the game saved data in order for it to save to the database properly. Tomorrow, one of the faculty will discuss to me on how to adapt my saving feature to save to the database. After that I plan to work on that adaptation or start working on my research paper.
Today, I continued to work on the ZPLAY project, memory game. I found some more bugs such as the game displaying messages at wrong times, some data not saving properly, and exceptions that occur. I was able to resolve them. I also repositioned the windows for each of the settings menu and the sign-in dialog box to be centered on the screen. In addition, I also made the main game window full screen upon starting the game. Finally, I reviewed through some of my sources for my research paper, and removed some of them since the sources were not considered professional for the type of research paper I am to write. Later today, I received an email to come to a meeting for REU scholars on Friday. Tomorrow, I plan to attend the weekly meeting for the Heracleia lab. After the meeting, I plan to either continue error checking my memory game or do more research for the research paper.
Today, I continued to work on ZPLAY project, memory game, for preparation to save to a database. The game is now able to ask and store a user name/ID and display it to the screen. In addition, the save has been modified so that it is capable of creating and saving to specific directories for each user. The game is also able to log the end time or the time the user ends the game through either the quit button or closing using the x button. With this, I believe the game is able to save all the information needed to be stored in a database. Tomorrow, I plan to either continue looking over the memory game or continue research for the research paper I am to write.
Today, I continued to research for more information relating to using video games to treat people with Alzheimer’s disease. I also remodified some of the sound effects of the ZPLAY project, memory game, in order to ensure the legal use of sound effects so as to avoid any copyright issues as well as added a credits page to give credit for the sound effects when appropriate. Tomorrow, I plan to attend a meeting on how to structure my research paper and how to save data from my game to a database for the lab.