On 1 April 2012 IEEE will release the new IEEE Business Platform, a suite of applications powered by a new services oriented architecture which includes key enhancements to IEEE Xplore, Member Join and Renewal, individual account profile management, and the IEEE eCommerce experience.
While many new features will be added to IEEE Xplore with this release, please note two important items:
1. IEEE Account (personal account) user name change: After the launch, anyone signing in with an IEEE Account (personal account) user name (which is used to set individual preferences) will be prompted to change their current user name to their e-mail address. Institutional user names and access are not impacted and will remain the same.
2. Saved Searches and Search History will be deleted: All current saved searches will be DELETED with this release. We encourage you to copy and paste your saved searches into a document so they can be recreated after launch. If your users are using this function, please inform them of this change.
New features incorporated into IEEE Xplore with this release include:
- Enhanced and more streamlined abstract page
- Enhanced browsing by title with the inclusion of refinements
- More prominent institutional branding
- New placement of sign in links for personal accounts and institutional accounts
- Browsing by topic
- New and improved IEEE personal account registration process
- New citation diagram
- And more
Learn more about all the new features at www.ieee.org/newieeexplore
You can also sign up for training at, www.ieee.org/go/training. All training dates after 1 April 2012 will cover the new features of this release.