Honors College Student Spotlight: Anushka Shrestha

By Madison Ray

This week the #HCSS spotlight is on a few of our student workers! Anushka Shrestha is an Accounting and Finance junior from Grand Prairie, and originally from Kathmandu, Nepal. She is an Honors Advocate and a team leader on the Honors Programming Board. She’s also vice executive president in the National Society of Collegiate Scholars. Stay tuned for another spotlight this week!

Anushka Shrestha stands outside College Hall.

MR: What made you choose your major?

AS: Balancing the balance sheet makes me happy…. I am passionate about math and money made me choose my major for accounting. I also like investing in stock markets, so I felt finance was the right major for me.

MR: Why did you want to join the Honors program?

AS: I wanted to join [the] Honors program because first I liked how it will looked at my degree. Also, because of the benefits it provided.

MR: How has the Honors College impacted your life?

AS: First thing as [an]… Honors Advocate, it has helped me improve my public speaking. It has impacted me to work hard on my classes.

MR: What do you want to do after graduation and why?

AS: After graduation I want to go to grad school to get my master’s in accounting. I want to do that so that I can get my CPA. Also, I want to work at one of the Big 4 accounting firms.

MR: If you could speak to yourself entering college in your first semester, what advice would you give to yourself?

AS: The first advice I’ll give myself will be to not to procrastinate on school work. Also, that college is way different than high school.