New Veteran & Military Connected Student Guide

Get Started at UTA

 Take a look at UTA
Visit Campus, Explore academic programs, Get your questions answered.

 Apply for Admission
Complete the Apply Texas application.

 Activate your NET ID
Instructions provided to you via email 5-7 days after your application is submitted.

 Apply for Financial Aid
Even if you are receiving Educational Benefits it is always a good idea to apply for federal aid, grants, and scholarships. School code 003656

Start your Benefits

 Contact VetSuccess on Campus
Learn how to maximize your Education Benefits and obtain your Certificates of Eligibility.

 Obtain your Certificate of Eligibility
Your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) unlocks all of your VA Educational Benefits.

 Texas Hazlewood Act Applicants
For a list of required documents and important links, please see the Hazlewood Exemption tab: 

 Check out Veterans Upward Bound
Are you a first generation college student? Veterans upward bound might be able to provide you with extra support to help you achieve success.

 Research other VA Benefits
You might be eligible for more than just educational benefits, take a look and see what else you qualify for.

Become a Maverick

After receiving your acceptance to UTA and completing the items above complete these items to become a student and start receiving your benefits

 Activate your UTA Email
Your UTA email is the way we stay connected on campus, everything you need to know will be communicated through this email address.

 Complete Orientation
New Student Orientation is required for all students. While you are welcome to attend any orientation we recommend the Veteran Orientation, it is free of charge and covers topics relevant to you.

 Meet your Advisor
Before receiving your benefits you must obtain a signed degree plan from your advisor for you to follow.

 Register for Classes
Sign up for your courses, remember to follow your degree plan.

 Submit your COE and signed Degree Plan to the Benefits Office
The Veteran Benefits Office (Davis Hall, 252) needs a copy of your COE and signed degree plan to process your education benefits.

 Certify Your Benefits
Complete the online certification form with your enrollment each term to receive your federal benefits at UTA.

 Get your Mav ID Card
This card gets you access to events, activities, the library and the gym. It’s a lot like your Military ID.

 Register for Parking
If you drive and are going to park on campus you need to purchase a parking permit.

Future Mavericks Guide