Sen Xu, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Biology
University of Texas at Arlington
Office phone: 817-272-3986
- Postdoctoral fellow (2015 July – 2016 July): University of Windsor, Windsor, ON, Canada
- Postdoctoral fellow (2012 March – 2015 June): Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- Ph.D. (2007 Sept – 2011 Dec): University of Windsor, Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- M.Sc. (2003 Sept – 2005 Jun): University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- B.Sc. (1999 Sept -2003 Jun): Department of Biology, Ocean University of China, Qingdao, China
I am an evolutionary biologist interested in using and developing cutting-edge genomic tools, population-genetic theory, and bioinformatic tools to understand fundamental biological questions. Current foci of my research include understanding the patterns of mutation and recombination in eukaryotic genomes, the genetic mechanisms for the origin of obligately asexual reproduction, and organismal responses to environmental stress in freshwater ecosystems.